What is an After Hours Emergency?
EMERGENCY ANSWERING SERVICE
The following is a list of emergencies for which you should call the answering service. Please be advised, if you call for a non-emergency, you will be charged a $50 administrative fee. We want to be available to each of you when a true emergency arises.
Emergency Issues (problems that cannot wait until the next business day)
- Disturbances of any kind.
- Fire - Call 911 first!
- No heat.
- No water.
- Water leaks that cannot be contained (use buckets). Faucets or toilets that won’t turn off.
- No electricity or electrical problems. P lease remember that replacing light bulbs is the responsibility of the Resident. Call Salem Electric if the problem affects more than your apartment. (540) 375-3030
- Smoke alarms sounding in other parts of the building.
- Natural gas odor in the apartment or building. If the smell is strong, leave immediately without touching any phones, electricity, windows, etc. After leaving, then call the emergency number.
- Clogged toilet when there is only one and after you have tried your plunger.
- Drain back-up. This means drains back up when you are not running water - sink, toilet, or shower.
- Air condition drain line leak causing damage. When possible, put a bucket underneath to catch water until the next day.
- Safety issues such as stairwell lights out causing pitch black. If there is other lighting, Service Technician will visit the next day. Other safety issues are: windows on 1st floor not locking, exterior doors not secure.
- Locks changed for security reasons. Non-security matters can wait until business hours.
- Pool violations, unsafe play, unauthorized people.
Important Issues (Can be handled during the day on non-business days. You may call the answering service, but service will occur on the next day).
- AC not working & tomorrow is NOT a regular business day.
- No hot water & tomorrow is NOT a regular business day.
- Refrigerator not working & tomorrow is NOT a regular business day.
- Common area lights out, but not causing pitch black & tomorrow is NOT a business day.
Non-Emergency Maintenance Issues (Call your property manager the next day).
- Stove or oven not working.
- Dripping Faucets
- Clogged toilet (if you have more than one toilet).